Amsterdam is the capital and the most popular city in Amsterdam. The city is also called 'the Venice of the North,' owing to a large number of canals in the city. Amsterdam has derived its name from Amstelredamme, which indicates the city had origin around the dam in the river Amstel. Amsterdam is the country's financial, creative, and cultural center. Amsterdam also features stunning architecture and more than 1500 beautiful bridges. For the tourists book cheap flights from London to Amsterdam, there's plenty to see and do. Some of the top attractions worth booking Amsterdam flights include - Rijksmuseum, Anne Frank House, Van Gogh Museum, Jordaan, and Vondelpark to name a few attractions.
Top Places in Amsterdam
Here’re top attractions for travelers booking cheap flights from LON to AMS -
- Dam Square
- Van Gogh Museum
- Anne Frank House
- Van Gogh Museum
- Royal Palace of Amsterdam
- Rembrandt House Museum
- The Botanical Gardens
- Artis: Amsterdam Royal Zoo
Interesting Facts about Amsterdam
Here’re some interesting facts for tourists booking LON to Amsterdam flights!
- People in Amsterdam do not draw curtains. Strange? It's true.
- Amsterdam features more bikes than residents.
- Amsterdam, rather half of Netherlands lies below the sea level.
- There are approximately 2500 houseboats in Amsterdam.
- The average Dutch male measures 6 feet one inch, and the average Dutch woman measures 5 feet 6 inches.
Best Time to Visit Amsterdam
The best time to visit travelers looking for London to Amsterdam flights is in the winter months. Tourists can also visit in the spring and autumn season when crowds are lean, and it’s easy to check out various attractions minus the crowds. For those wishing to see tulips, should visit in the month of mid-April. Avoid visiting the city in the busy summer season when you have to queue up for most of the attractions.