Fly from San Francisco to Los Angeles, the City of Angels
Want to book cheap flights from San Francisco to Los Angeles? Read on…
- Round trip tickets: Roundtrip tickets are considerably cheaper than one-way tickets. To save on SFO to LAX flights, book roundtrip tickets.
- Layover: When booking long haul flights, flyers can opt for a longer layover to get a cheaper plane ticket.
- Flexible Dates: Plane tickets from SFO to LAX tend to be expensive during the holidays and weekends. To ensure you get a cheap ticket, be flexible with your flight dates.
- Loyalty Programs: Subscribe to loyalty programs offered by airlines and score points every time you travel. Flyers can redeem these points to save on flight tickets.
- Alternate Airports: Usually, destinations have more than one airport within close vicinity. It is often the case that flight prices differ for different airports. Flyers can compare airfares when booking flight tickets online to ensure they get the best price.
Los Angeles: Creative Capital of the World
Surrounded by the Pacific Ocean and towering mountains, Los Angeles is among the top tourist destinations in the country. The city is famed for its suburb Hollywood, which is the center of the entertainment industry in the US. as well as its sandy beaches. Los Angeles is lined with several iconic landmarks and is home to multiple amusement parks. The city’s Mediterranean climate fuels its thriving nightlife with a host of beach parties round the year. Owing to its diverse local populace, Los Angeles has a dynamic culinary scene with numerous Asian, European, and Mexican eateries. The city is also the cultural hub of California, visitors will find here nearly 850 distinct museums and art venues. Los Angeles is a town full of performing art venues, parks, chic bistros, concept stores, bohemian bars, elegant boutiques, and more.
Major attractions in Los Angeles
- Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Disneyland Park
- Universal Studios Hollywood
- Downtown Santa Monica
- Hollywood Sign
- Sunset Boulevard
- Hollywood Boulevard
- Los Angeles County Museum of Art
- Natural History Museum
- Madame Tussauds
- Griffith Observatory
- The Getty Center
- Universal CityWalk
- Little Tokyo Historic District
- Los Angeles Zoo
Best Beaches in Los Angeles
With great weather all year round, Los Angeles is an ideal place to experience the endless Californian summer. The city has several beaches, some are lined with resorts, while some are remote. Best beaches in Los Angeles are Santa Monica State Beach, Leo Carrillo State Beach, El Matador Beach, Malibu Surfrider Beach, Venice Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach, Cabrillo Beach, Paradise Cove Beach, Carbon Beach, Point Dume State Beach, Seaside Lagoon, and Laguna Beach.
Popular Festivals and Events
Los Angeles, the cultural hub of California, hosts several festivals and events throughout the year. Few of the major festivals are Rose Parade and Rose Bowl Game (January), Golden Dragon Parade (January), Academy Awards (February), West Week (March), Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach (April), Renaissance Pleasure Faire (April/May), California Strawberry Festival (May), Topanga Banjo-Fiddle Contest and Folk Festival (May), Los Angeles Film Festival (June), Playboy Jazz Festival (June), July 4th Fireworks Spectacular (July), Los Angeles County Fair (August/ September), Hollywood Christmas Parade (November), and Festival Navideno de la Calle Ocho (December).
Best Time to Visit Los Angeles
The best time to take flights from San Francisco to Los Angeles is during the summers (from June to August) when weather is warm, and the temperatures are soothing. Travelers can find attractive SFO to LAX flight deals when booking flights during the months of March, May, September and November.
Share your Travel Experience
Once you’ve unpacked and got sand out of your shoes, do not forget to share your Los Angeles travel experience with OneTravel through our review section. Help other travelers know more about the glamorous city and its attractions. Your reviews can inspire them to travel and help us in making our service better.