Miami Explore the Cruise Capital of the World
5 ways to book a cheap flights from New York City to Miami
- Prefer connect flight over direct ones: Book connecting flights in order to save on New York City to Miami flights. Usually, direct flights cost more, you may look for a nice stopover and explore two destinations at the price of one!
- Set low-fare alerts: Browse online through airfares and set alerts for your top picks. You will get a notification if there a plunge in the airfare, and you can avail cheap flights from New York City to Miami.
- Travel with less luggage: Carry minimum luggage to avoid paying extra baggage cost.
- Keep your travel date and time flexible: Be flexible with your travel time and dates to save more on New York City to Miami flights.
- Book refundable flights: You should book refundable flights from NYC to MIA. If you get cheaper prices anywhere else, you can easily cancel your previous ticket.
What to Discover in Miami?
Miami is a major port city on the Atlantic coast of Florida. It is the most prominent city in the Miami metropolitan area and a regional center of finance, commerce, media and international trade. The city however is best-known as a world-famous beach destination offering a potpourri of year-round outdoor activities, and boasts scenic beaches, coral reefs and enjoyable seafood. Those in quest to know about local history here can go to the Coral Way neighborhood. The Art Deco District and Design District are replete with chic stores, art venues, bistros, and imposing buildings. Miami boasts a varied local populace and is nicknamed the “Capital of Latin America”. To savor a taste of Cuba in the US, you can visit the Little Havana neighborhood.
Top tourist attractions in Miami:
- Miami Beach
- Bayside Marketplace
- Miami Riverwalk
- Art Deco Historic District
- Vizcaya Museum and Gardens
- Ocean Drive
- Miami Seaquarium
- Miami Zoo
- Wynwood Walls Street Art
- Key Biscayne and Crandon Park
- Design District
- Everglades National Park
- Little Havana
- Bayfront Park
- Miami Children’s Museum
Top Events and Festivals in Miami
Miami celebrates a plethora of festivals around the year. Calle Ocho Festival, celebrated in March, is the largest street festival of Miami. Some of the other major festivals held in Miami are Art Deco Weekend (January), South Beach Food Wine Festival (February), Miami International Film Festival (March), Ultra Music Festival (March), Miami Open (March), and Art Basel Week (December).
Best Time to Visit Miami
Miami experiences decent weather all year round. However, the best time to take flights from New York City to Miami is from December to May when the weather is soothing and agreeable before the hot summer sets in. You can travel Miami during the winter season if you want to escape freezing temperatures. Several popular events take place during the best travel time; thus it is advisable to book your plane tickets from New York City to Miami in advance.
Share your Travel Experience
When in Miami, enjoy your holidays to the fullest and once back, share your New York City to Miami travel experience with OneTravel through our review section. Help other travelers to know more about the city and help us to make our service better.