Philippine Airlines first took to the skies on March 15, 1941 using a five-seater Beech model 18 aircraft amid the specter of global war. That flight earned for PAL the distinction of being Asia's first airline.
Since then, PAL etched numerous firsts in Philippine commercial aviation.
PAL is the only full-service Philippine air carrier offering a higher level of inflight and on-ground service, drawing from its long experience in airline operations for the past seven decades.
Passengers may choose to fly on Business Class, Premium Economy (selected aircraft), or Economy Class, and would enjoy generous baggage allowance, spacious legroom, inflight wireless connectivity, sumptuous inflight dishes, quality products and services, a popular frequent flyer program (Mabuhay Miles) and many more.
PAL operates an extensive network of flights out of its four (4) hub airports: Manila (Ninoy Aquino), Cebu (Mactan), Clark and Davao.
Today, PAL flies to 42 international and 33 domestic destinations using 85 aircraft, one of the youngest fleets in the industry with an average age of just five years.
PAL's international route network extends as far in the east to New York and in the west to London, covering two-thirds of the globe.
PAL is the first Philippine-based carrier certified safe by the International Air Transport Association (IATA), through its IATA Operational Safety Audit (IOSA) Program.
At its diamond anniversary in 2016, PAL announced a new corporate vision - to be a five-star airline by 2020. In support of this goal, a new brand identity was unveiled, embodying warm and caring service that can only come from the Heart of the Filipino. This new branding projects PAL as the showcase of the best of the Philippines and of the Filipino.
In February 2018, PAL was certified a 4-Star airline by Skytrax, the international air transport rating organisation. PAL joins the list of 40 world-class airlines around the globe also rated 4-Star. PAL is the first and only airline in the Philippines with a 4-Star Rating.
PAL is stepping up efforts to become a 5-Star airline by expanding its fleet and route network and continuously innovating its products and services.
How to save on Philippine Airlines flights?
- Roundtrip Tickets: Round trip tickets are cheaper than one-way tickets. Book roundtrip flights to save on Philippine Airlines tickets.
- Pack Light: After making Philippine Airlines reservations, flyers must check baggage allowance. Several budget airlines charge extra for checked-in luggage. Flyers can avoid paying baggage fees by packing light.
- Frequent Flyer Program: Philippine Airlines offers a frequent flyer program. Flyers can join loyalty programs and score points each time you travel. Redeem these points to save on plane tickets.
- Mailing Lists: Online travel agents and booking portals often offer member deals and exclusive discounts for newsletter subscribers. Sign up for mailing lists for staying updated about these discounts and deals.
- Google Alerts: Flyers can browse through airfares and set alerts on Google for their top choices. They will receive a notification if there a drop in the airfare, and they can book their flight tickets for cheaper.
Which cities does Philippine Airlines fly to?
Philippine Airlines offers scheduled flights across to over 50 destinations across the Americas, Asia, and Oceania. With Philippine Airlines tickets you can fly to major destinations such as London, Los Angeles, New York City, San Francisco, Bangkok, Brisbane, Beijing, Vancouver, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Macau, Auckland, Doha, and more.
Does Philippine Airlines charge for carry-on luggage?
Passengers on Philippine Airlines flights are allowed to carry one cabin bag and a personal item such as a laptop bag, purse, backpack, etc. The cabin bag must not exceed 45 linear inches and must not weigh over 7 kgs.
How much checked-in baggage can I carry?
For passengers with Philippine Airlines reservations, passengers are allowed to carry two bags of upto 23 kgs each. The bags must not exceed 62 linear inches.
What is Mabuhay Miles Program?
Mabuhay Miles Program is a frequent flyer program by Philippine Airlines. The program allows flyers to earn miles each time they travel with the airline. These miles can be redeemed for flight bookings of Philippine Airlines.
How to get cheap Philippine Airlines flights?
There are several hacks through which you can avail Philippine Airlines deals. Buying through OTAs such as OneTravel can help you get the Philippine Airlines promo codes and offers, using which can provide you great deals and discounts on your plane tickets. You can also subscribe to our newsletter to get frequent updates on travel deals and discounts on Philippine Airlines tickets. You must also book flight tickets in advance to avoid paying increased rates as the airfares tend to rise.