Tips to find cheap flights to Manila:
- Use private browsing mode to see get the our lower prices as the cookies in your browser tend to scare you with higher prices of the destination you search repeatedly.
- Do your research. Keep checking for fares of different airlines.
- Rather than going for flights with additional perks, book budget airlines that can save you a lot of money.
- Book connecting Manila flights rather than non-stop flights. It’ll help you explore a different city before your destination and save a few bucks, as well!
- It’s recommended to book flights to Manila at least 4 weeks before your departure to get the our cheaper fares.
Manila in a Nutshell:
Out of 7,641 islands of the Philippines, Manila is located on the largest island of Luzon. Apart from being the capital city, Manila is also among the oldest cities in the Philippines. Initially known as a tribal settlement in the early 1500s, the city blooms with modern architecture in this era. It is the place where past meets present in a surreal way. Apart from boasting Spanish colonial architecture and modern skyscrapers, Manila is home to wild marine life, hybrid culture, exquisite cuisine, and admirable antiquity. In Old Manila, you can find the colonial era’s walled city called Intramuros. Not just this, the older part of the city is filled with centuries-old monuments and landmarks. The museums in the Manila city preserves its history and showcase it to every inquisitive traveler. If you get done with the historical tour, you can visit the Chinatown area for a delicious feast and souvenir shopping. All said and done, you’ll never know the beauty of Manila unless you visit it yourself. Pack your bags and book your cheap flights to Manila and admire the fusion of history and modernization.
Major attractions in Manila
- Fort Santiago
- San Augustin Church
- Rizal Park
- Manila Ocean Park
- National Museum of the Philippines
- Malacanang Palace
- Baroque Churches of the Philippines
- Casa Manila
- Manila Zoo
Famous Festivals in Manila
If you’re lucky enough to score cheap flights to Manila, you’ll find that there’s tons to do in this beautiful city. The capital of The Philippines, there is tons of ancient history and culture for you to discover. Another exciting part of Manila is the plethora of amazing festivals and events that are celebrated each year. Here are some that may interest you:
- Enjoy classical music at the Bamboo Organ Festival. This takes place in mid-February at St. Joseph’s Parish Church in Las Pinas.
- Two amazing festivals to check out in May are the Filipino Heritage Festival and the Flores de Mayo, which both take place in Intramuros and all over Manila.
- The La Loma's Lechon Festival is on the 3rd Sunday of May every year in La Loma, Quezon City.
- Independence Day is celebrated are the on the second week of June with a parade at the Quirino Grandstand in Manilla, but also across the country.
- The Bailes de los Arcos festival at the end of June in Barangay Poblacion, Makati.
- La Naval on the second Sunday of October at Sto. Domingo Church, Quezon City.
What is the climate of Manila?
Manila tends to remain hot and humid all year round. It rains 159 days a year, making the weather surprisingly pleasant. The wet season starts from June till November and dry season lasts from December till May.
Which airlines fly to Manila?
Out of many airlines that fly to Manila, the most famous ones are Philippine Airlines, Cathay Pacific, Japan Airlines, EVA Air, China Eastern Airlines, Korean Air, and CEBU Pacific Air.
Which airport is closest to Manila?
If you’re coming from abroad, your flight to Manila will most likely land at Manila Ninoy Aquino International Airport (MNL). The distance of 18 km from the airport to the city can be covered via bus, rental car, or rail.
Which currency is used in Manila?
Manila is the capital city of the Philippines and it is advised to change your currency to Philippine Peso for a hassle-free exchange.
How long does it take to fly to Manila?
If you're trying to figure out how long it will take to fly to Manila, Philippines, you have to consider where the flight is departing from. Flying to Manila from Los Angeles, California can take 15 hours, but someone flying direct from the Dallas/Fort Worth area in Texas will usually spend about 20 hours in hours in the air. Cheap flights to Manila from Chicago, Illinois will take about 19 hours, unless there’s a layover. It will take longer for someone who booking plane tickets from Manila from Atlanta, Georgia, with flights between those cities taking at least 21 hours. For flights leaving from New York, travelers can expect to spend between 19 and a half to 21 hours on their way to Manila.