LAN Airlines was once the flag carrier airline of Chile
. The merger of LAN Airlines with TAM Airlines was completed in 2012 and the resulting airline was named LATAM. LATAM is headquartered in Santiago, Chile, and its main hub is at Comodoro Arturo Merino Benitez International Airport, with secondary hubs at Jorge Chavez (Lima), El Dorado (Bogota), Jorge Newbery ( Buenos Aires), and Jose Joaquin de Olmedo ( Guayaquil) airports. The airline boasts 154 aircraft operated to 31 international, 17 domestic (Chile), 5 seasonal and 4 marketed destinations in 21 countries. LAN Airlines flights fly to various destinations in North America and Caribbean, South America, Europe, and Oceania.
LAN, now LATAM Chile, offers three class configurations - Premium Business, Premium Economy, and Economy.
- Redesigned cabin and flat-bed seats allowing ideal and restful sleep.
- Every seat of this class features a high resolution 15.4 inch screen and an audio-video system. This system has a collection of 110 movies, including 8 recent hits, 12 new releases, 10 Latin movies, 10 children's movies, and 70 classic movies along with 42 TV programs, a full season of 3 TV series, over 1000 music albums, and 25 games.
- Premium Business passengers can enjoy priority-check-in
- Passengers can keep their electronic devices turned on after enabling 'Airplane Mode' and can enable wireless connection 'LATAM Entertainment'. It is a mobile application. Travelers can download the app on the android phone, computer, or tablet. The steps to follow are - activate Airplane Mode on the device, activate the Wi-Fi connection without disabling Airplane Mode, connect to 'LATAM Entertainment', open the application and enjoy wide range of movies, TV series, children's programming, and the interactive map.
- The food menu features premium raw materials and an excellent wine list created by Latin America's only Master Sommelier Hector Vergara. The menus are different on international flights according to the hour of the day. Passengers on flight of more than 3 and a half hour can enjoy special alternative meals as well.
Web Check-in is available 48 hours and 2 hours before the scheduled departure of flight.