Denver is the capital, and the most populated city in the state of Colorado in the United States. The city is located in the South Platte River Valley, about 12 miles away from the beautiful Rocky Mountains. Denver is also referred to as 'the Mile-High City,' as it sits at an altitude of 5, 280 ft above sea level. It is known for its cowboy, and mining past. Today, this cosmopolitan city offers a vibrant art scene, scores of exciting outdoor festivals, splendid attractions, and spectacular view of the Rocky Mountains. For the tourists booking cheap flights from Houston to Denver, there’s plenty to explore. While here, do visit the Denver Art Museum, indulge in shopping, do gallery hopping, and visit animals at the Denver Zoo.
Top Attractions in Denver
Here’re some top attractions to visit for tourists booking cheap flights from HOU to DEN -
Famous Festivals in Denver
- Coors Field
- Denver Zoo
- Cherry Creek North
- Civic Centre Park
- 16th Street Mall
- United States Mint
- Denver Public Library
- Denver Art Museum
- Denver Botanic Gardens
- Colorado State Capitol
- Red Rocks Park & Amphitheatre
- Denver Museum of Nature & Science
- Denver Centre for the Performing Arts
Some of the festivals and events for tourists booking HOU to Denver flights include –
- Riot Fest
- Denver Comic Con
- A Taste of Colorado
- Denver Arts Festival
- Denver Chalk Art Festival
- Scavenger Hunt Adventure
- The Underground Music Showcase
- Colorado Dragon Boat Festival
- Let's Roam Denver Scavenger Hunt
Interesting Facts about Denver
Airports in Denver
- Denver receives nearly 300+ Days of sunshine.
- Cheeseburger has its origin in Denver.
- Denver features the tallest building in the state called - Republic Plaza.
- About 40 million coins are produced by Denver Mint each Day.
- Denver Performing Arts Complex is one of the largest in the United States.
- In terms of land area, Denver International Airport is the world’s second largest airport.
- Denver is called - the Mile-High City because it is exactly one mile above sea level, located at an elevation of 5, 280 feet.
Denver is served by Denver International Airport. As the name suggests, it's an international airport in the western part of the United States. Denver International airport is second largest airport in the world, and the largest in North America by the total land area.
Best Time to Visit Denver
For tourists looking for Houston to Denver flights, the most recommended time to visit the city is in the summer season. This is the best time for tourists who are looking to attend events and festivals. The months between June and August offer many festivals like music festivals, gastronomy festivals, summer exhibitions at Denver Botanic Gardens, and lot more. Summer is the most popular time to visit, so expect huge crowds. Tourists looking to avoid crowds are recommended to visit the city during shoulder season of spring, and autumn. In the months between April through May, and in September - October. For those looking for cheap vacations
, can visit in winter season. This is the low tourist season and you will score discounts on everything, from flights to hotels. Although some of the attractions are closed during winter season, still there's plenty to explore.