Located on the foothills of the Sierra Madre, Oaxaca is a city in the state of Oaxaca in Mexico. It is one of the most beautiful cities in the country featuring great opportunities for sight-seeing. Oaxaca is greatly dependent on tourism owing to its colonial-era structures and native Zapotec and Mixtec cultures and archaeological sites. Oaxaca is also famous for its month long cultural festival called - 'the Guelaguetza.' The festival features dance, beauty pageant, music, and much more. For the tourists who book cheap flights from San Francisco to Oaxaca, there are plenty of attractions to explore. Some of the top ones include - Rufino Tamayo Museum, Zocalo and Mercado Benito Juarez, Cultural Centre of Oaxaca, and Oaxaca Cathedral Basilica of Our Lady of Solitude.
Top Places to See in Oaxaca
The top places worth booking flights from SFO to OAX include -
- Monte Alban
- Oaxaca Cathedral
- The Rufino Tamayo Museum
- Cultural Centre of Oaxaca
- Oaxaca Ethnobotanical Garden
- Zocalo and Mercado Benito Juarez
- Ex-monastery of Santiago Apostol
- Church of Santo Domingo de Guzman
- Basilica of Lady of Solitude
- Museum of Contemporary Art and Textile Museum
Interesting Travel Facts about Oaxaca
Here’re some interesting facts for tourists booking San Francisco to Oaxaca flights -
- Oaxaca features an unusual delicacy called Chapulines. It's a dish comprising of barbequed grasshoppers.
- The city celebrates a festival called Guelaguetza, which features diverse cultural music, dances, and food.
- One of Oaxaca's popular products is Mezcal, which is an alcoholic beverage, quite similar to tequila.
Best Time to Visit Oaxaca
The city features pleasant weather all-year around due to its high altitude. The summer months offer slight rains, whereas winter months are dry and colder at nights. Travelers also visit the city in the month of July for its Guelaguetza festival, and for Day of the dead in November. However, tourists looking for SFO to Oaxaca flights are advised to make bookings in advance when planning to visit the city during festivities as airfares usually tend to become expensive during the last minute.