Book Cheap Flights to Texas, United StatesExplore the Great State of Texas!
Looking for cheap flights to Texas? Read on…
- Flexible Flight Dates: Texas flight tickets tend to be more expensive during the holidays and weekends. To ensure you get the best deal on Texas flights, be flexible with your flight dates.
- Budget Airlines: Search for budget airlines which offer the our lowest airfare and carry minimum luggage to save on baggage fees.
- Loyalty Programs: You can get your plane tickets to Texas for the our lowest price by signing up for loyalty programs. Score points with every flight you book and redeem these points to save on Texas flights.
- Connecting Flights: You may opt for connecting flights to Texas to save on plane tickets. Direct flights are almost always more expensive, you may search for a convenient stopover. This way you will get to explore two destinations at the price of one.
- Alternate Airports: It is often the case that destinations have multiple airports in close vicinity which offer flights with differential prices. To ensure you get the best price, compare airfares when booking your flights to Texas online.
Texas Travel Guide
Located in southern US, Texas shares its border with Mexico. The second largest state in the country, Texas has a diverse terrain of deserts, mountains, forests, and 367 miles of beaches on the coast of the Gulf of Mexico. Top natural wonders in Texas are Palo Duro Canyon, Natural Bridge Caverns, Jacob's Well, Gorman Falls, Big Thicket National Preserve, Caddo Lake, Hamilton Pool Preserve, Padre Island National Seashore, and Guadalupe Mountains National Park. The state, which became a part of the US in 1845, has a deep historical legacy. Texas has formerly been under Spanish, French, and Mexican rule. Thus, the local culture is an interesting mix of southwestern, and southern influences with Mexican elements. The state has a vibrant culinary scene and is the birthplace of Barbecue and Tex-Mex cuisines. Texas is lined with an array of attractions catering to diverse interests. Most popular attractions in Texas are NASA’s Space Center Houston, President Kennedy and the Sixth Floor Museum, Texas State Capitol, San Antonio Missions National Historical Park, Alamo Mission, USS Lexington, State of the Arts: Texas Galleries and Museums, and San Antonio's Spectacular River Walk.
Top cities in Texas:
- San Antonio
Food in Texas: Tex-Mex, Barbecue, and more!
The second largest state in the US, Texas is huge. The local culture as well as cuisine has been influenced by an extensive range of cultures, including Mexican, Southern, British, African American, Cajun/Creole, Native American, Asian, German, and even Italian. Barbecue is native to Texas and food lovers must grab a bite of the juicy steaks.
Tex-Mex is a fusion cuisine, which combines traditional northern Mexican cuisine adapted to the tastes of Texans of European origin. Tex-Mex dishes such as Burritos, Fajitas, Cheese Enchiladas, Puffy Tacos, Steak Fajitas, Breakfast Taco, and Texas Chili con Carne are globally famous.
Popular Festivals and Events
Texas hosts many great festivals and events all-round the year. Major events for which travelers can book flight tickets to Texas are ZestFest (January), Galveston Mardi Gras (February), Kerrville Renaissance Festival (February), South by Southwest (March), North Texas Irish Festival (March), Fiesta San Antonio (April) Luckenbach 4th of July Family Picnic (July), Bedford Blues Festival (August), State Fair of Texas (October), and Texas Gospel Music Festival (November).
Best Time to Visit Texas
The best time to take flights to Texas are the summer (from March to May) and autumn (from September to November) seasons when the weather is pleasant. Airfares tend to rise during the peak tourist season and thus it is advised to book Texas flights in advance in order to get the best deal.
Share your Travel Experience
Once you are done posting all your photos from your trip to Texas, do not forget to share your Texas travel experience with us through the OneTravel review section. Your reviews will inspire others to travel and help us make our service better.