Tips to find cheap flights to Punta Cana:
- Use private browsing mode to see get the our lowest prices as the cookies in your browser tend to scare you with higher prices of the destination you search repeatedly.
- Do your research. Keep checking for fares of different airlines.
- Rather than going for flights with additional perks, book budget airlines that can save you a lot of money.
- Book connecting Punta Cana flights rather than non-stop flights. It’ll help you explore a different city before your destination and save a few bucks, as well!
- It’s recommended to book flights to Punta Cana at least 4 weeks before your departure to get the our cheapest fares.
Punta Cana in a Nutshell:
A resort town in the Punta Cana-Bavaro-Veron-Macao municipal district, Punta Cana is situated on the Caribbean Island of Dominican Republic. The town boasts beaches and balnearios facing both the Caribbean Sea and the Atlantic Ocean. These beaches allow adventurous activities like scuba diving, windsurfing, snorkeling, stingrays snorkeling, banana boat rides, speedboats, party boats, catamaran cruises, deep-sea fishing, and prestigious swimming with dolphins and shark. Not to mention, sunbathing and relaxing on the beach is one of the free-of-cost perks of visiting Punta Cana. What are you waiting for? Book your cheap Punta Cana flights and explore the islands from scratch.
Places to Visit in Punta Cana:
- Punta Espada Golf Course
- La Cana Golf Course
- Playa Bavaro
- Hoyo Azul
- Barcelo Bavaro Golf Course
- Dolphin Discovery Punta Cana
- Manati Park
What is the climate of Punta Cana?
The climate of Punta Cana is majorly moderate with 8 hours of average sunshine year-round. The late winter and early spring can be seen during February, March, and April. The temperature in the day ranges from 28 – 30 °C, whereas, during the night, the temperature may range from 18 – 22 °C. The months of June and July see higher temperatures with less rainfall. The wet season or rainfall starts in August and lasts till November. The temperature may range from 24 – 30 °C. The months of December and January are relatively dry and humid with slight rainfall. During these months, the temperature is warmer on the coastal side of the city.
Which airlines fly to Punta Cana?
Out of many flights that fly to Punta Cana, the most famous ones are American Airlines, Delta, JetBlue, United, and Vacation Express.
Which currency is used in Punta Cana?
The official currency of Punta Cana is Dominican Peso (DOP). However, since the city is an international tourism hub, US dollars and Euros are also accepted in major parts of the city.
How far is Punta Cana city from the airport?
If you’re coming from abroad, your flight to Punta Cana will most likely land at Punta Cana International Airport (PUJ), which is just 5km from the main city.