Calling all nature lovers, Jamaica flights are now on offer
Check out these tricks to book cheap flights to Jamaica
- Loyalty programs: Sign up for loyalty programs offered by airlines. Flyers can score points each time they travel and redeem these points to save on Jamaica flights.
- Subscribe to mailing lists: Flyers can sign up for newsletters which are sent by online travel agents to remain updated about discounts and flight deals.
- Look for budget airlines: Flyers should search for no frills budget airlines which provide the cheap airfares. Low cost airlines end up being cheaper than the traditional ones.
- Book connecting flights: Usually, direct flights end up being more expensive than connecting flights, flyers can look for a nice stopover instead, and get to explore two destinations at the price of one!
- Set Google Alerts: Flyers can browse through airfares and set alerts on Google for their top choices. They will receive a notification if there a drop in the airfare, and they can book their flights to Jamaica for cheap.
Jamaica: A Caribbean Jem
A Caribbean island nation, Jamaica is famed for its picturesque natural beauty. The vibrant nation is globally renowned as the birthplace of Reggae music. Jamaica has a hued African vibe and a diverse terrain which comprises beautiful beaches, coral reefs, imposing mountains, turquoise seas, lush rainforests, and gushing rivers. Jamaica offers a lot to the nature lovers, from snorkeling or diving in the fringing reefs, to birding and hiking in the woods. The country is also renowned for its many historic plantations, visitors can sample several tropical fruits and explore the impressive estate houses. Jamaica is lined with luxurious all-inclusive resorts. The lively city of Montego Bay is among the most popular resort towns, while Ocho Rios is Jamaica’s major port, and Negril is famed for its gorgeous beach fringed with coconut palms and crystal-clear waters. Reggae fans can visit international icon Bob Marley’s former home in Jamaica's vibrant capital, Kingston. Visitors can pick up several souvenirs such as Appleton Rum, Blue Mountain Coffee, and Batik fabrics.
Top Tourist Destinations in Jamaica
- Montego Bay
- Ocho Rios
- Port Antonio
Food in Jamaica
Jamaica has a distinct cuisine which is a blend of multiple cooking techniques, flavors, and spices. Jamaican food reflects its diverse populace and influences from British, Spanish, Irish, Africans, Indians, and even Chinese. Food lovers must try the Jerk Pork or Chicken. Other tasty delicacies include Coconut Chips, Fried Dumplings, Brown-stewed Fish, and Curry Goat. Visitors can also sample some Ginger Beer, Peanut Punch, Sorrel Tea, Ting Soda, and Sour Sop Juice. Local markets across the country sell Jamaican jerk spices and sauces in case you wish to take a slice of Jamaica home.
Popular Festivals and Events
Jamaica hosts several festivals and events throughout the year. Few of the major festivals are Blues on the Beach (January), Accompong Maroon Festival (January), Salute (January), Bob Marley Birthday Bash (February), Jamaica Beachfest (February to April), Blue Mountain Music Festival (February), Jamaica Carnival (April), Ocho Rios Jazz Festival (May), Calabash International Literary Festival (June), Reggae Sumfest (July), Emancipation Jubilee (July), Dream Weekend (August), and Rastafari Rootzfest (December).
Best Time to Visit Jamaica
Jamaica experiences decent climate all year round. Weather-wise, the best time to take Jamaica flights is from November to mid-December, as the weather is warm enough to explore its natural beauty.
Share your Travel Experience
Once you’re back from your relaxing trip to Jamaica, do not forget to share your Jamaica travel experience with OneTravel through our review section. You can help other travelers know more about the beautiful country and its attractions. Your reviews will also help us to make our service better.