Tips to find cheap flights to Ethiopia:
- Use private browsing mode to see get the cheap prices as the cookies in your browser tend to scare you with higher prices of the destination you search repeatedly.
- Do your research. Keep checking for fares of different airlines.
- Rather than going for flights with additional perks, book budget airlines that can save you a lot of money.
- Book connecting Ethiopia flights rather than non-stop flights. It’ll help you explore a different city before your destination and save a few bucks, as well!
- It’s recommended to book flights to Ethiopia at least 3 weeks before your departure to get the cheap fares.
Ethiopia in a Nutshell:
Ethiopia, a country on the Horns of Africa, screams history and amazement. Named as one of the most beautiful countries in Africa, Ethiopia is home to dramatic landscapes, a peerless history, and majestic wildlife. The country offers an array of natural features and boasts diverse picturesque terrain including deserts, highlands, lakes, canyons, volcanoes, plateaus, and savannahs. Nature lovers here must explore the Danakil Depression, Simien National Park (UNESCO World Heritage Site), Bale Mountains National Park, Blue Nile Falls, Lake Tana, Erta Ale, Omo National Park and River. For history lovers, the country boasts ancient culture, historical, architectural, and archaeological landmarks, some of which date back to more than three million years. Ethiopia is home to multiple UNESCO World Heritage Sites, namely, Aksum, Fasil Ghebbi, Harar Jugol (the fortified historic town), Konso Cultural Landscape, Lower Valley of the Awash, Lower Valley of the Omo, Rock-Hewn Churches, and Tiya. The country hosts several cultural institutions and popular festivals such as Enkutatash (New Year), Meskel (Finding of the True Cross), Debra Damo (Feast of Saint Aregawi), and Timkat Festival to leave the visitors spellbound. To explore beyond Ethiopia’s bustling cities, visitors can head over to charming towns of Axum, Bahir Dar, Harar, and Mekelle. Pack your bags and book cheap flights to Ethiopia for a perfect getaway.
Best Cities to Visit in Ethiopia:
- Addis Ababa
- Bahir Dar
Top Airports in Ethiopia:
- Addis Ababa Bole International Airport
- Arba Minch International Airport
- Bahir Dar Airport
- Gonder Airport
- Wilwal International Airport
What is the climate of Ethiopia?
The climate of Ethiopia varies with altitude and can vary from hot and humid temperatures in lowland to the cold climate in the plateau regions. Rainy season in plateaus and mountains starts from June to September, whereas in the south-east part of the country, mild rainfall occurs from March to May and October to November. Mostly, the country has a fairly temperature year-round and, on average, you can experience sunshine for seven hours a day.
Which airlines fly to Ethiopia?
Out of many airlines that fly to Ethiopia, the most frequent ones are Ethiopian Air, United Airlines, and Air Namibia.
How many airports are there in Ethiopia?
There are 53 airports in Ethiopia, the largest one being Addis Ababa Bole International Airport.
Which is the flag carrier of Ethiopia?
Ethiopian Airlines is the flag carrier of Ethiopia, fully owned by the Government of Ethiopia. It serves a network of 102 international destinations and is currently the fastest-growing airline in the continent.