Fly to Bahamas: A paradise for beach-lovers!
Want to book cheap flights to Bahamas? Read on…
- Set low-fare alerts: Browse online through airfares and set alerts for your top choices. You will get a notification if there a plunge in the airfare, and you can book cheap flights to Bahamas.
- Prefer connecting flights over direct ones: Book connecting flights in order to save on Bahamas flights. It is oft the case that direct flights cost more, you may look for a convenient stopover and explore two destinations at the price of one.
- Join Loyalty Programs: Sign up for loyalty programs and score points every time you travel. You can redeem these points to save on plane tickets to Bahamas.
- Subscribe to mailing lists: Subscribe to mailing lists to receive updates about discounts and sales on Bahamas reservations.
- Look for low-cost airlines: Search for budget airlines which offer low airfares.
- Carry minimum luggage to avoid paying baggage cost.
What to Explore in Bahamas?
Bahamas turns into reality the beach lovers’ dream of the beautiful stretch of powdery sand, licked up by seas in awe-inspiring shades of blue. The archipelago nation includes 700 islands and more than 2,000 small cays frittered across the Atlantic Ocean and Caribbean Sea. Bahamas is located just about 80 kilometers from Florida at its closest point. These islands were once a haven for pirates and loyalists and are now a playground for the rich and famous and anyone who likes fishing, diving, boating, sailing, and snorkeling. The capital city of Bahamas is Nassau. Nassau is a bustling cruise port and a blend of mega resorts, restaurants, shops, and entertainment complexes.
Top tourist destinations in Bahamas
- Atlantis Paradise Island
- Exuma Cays Land and Sea Park
- Grand Bahama
- Andros Island
- Treasure Cay
- Elbow Cay
- Green Turtle Cay
Best of shopping in the Bahamas
Few of the popular shopping centers in Nassau, the nation’s capital, are Marina Village in Paradise Island, Bahamas Craft Centre, Straw Market on Bay Street, and Crystal Court Shops. Also, Andros Island, the Grand Bahama Island, Long Island, and The Exumas offer amazing shopping experiences to travelers. You can choose from everything, right from Bahamian crafts, handmade gifts, Havana cigars, leather goods, expensive dinnerware, jewelry, liquor, and fragrances to hand-woven bags, dolls, conch shell jewelry, mats, hats, and wood carvings.
Have the best of Bahamian cuisine
The Bahamas is well-known for its traditional dishes and unique cuisine. Bahamian cuisine generally encompasses fish, lobster, shellfish, conch, pork, crab, peas, potatoes, pigeon peas, rice, and tropical fruits. Rum is the national alcoholic beverage. Citizens of Bahamas also love spices in their foods. Some of the famous dishes that you can enjoy in Bahamas are variety of Rock Lobster dishes, Cracked Conch (fried shells), Bahamian Stew Fish, Conch Salad, Pigeon Peas and Rice, Baked Crab, Johnnycakes, Guava Duff, Souse, and the Yellow Bird Concoction.
Best Time to Visit Bahamas
The best time to take Bahamas flights is from November to April when there is a good amount of sunshine, mild temperatures, and almost no rainfall. Airfares shoot up during this peak period, thus it is smart to make the travel plan well in advance. Bahamas welcomes tourists all-round the year with its great weather. For party owls, March to April is an apt time as this is when beach parties and fun events are organized.
Share your Travel Experience
The bronzed lines may fade but the memories will last forever. Once you return from your trip to Bahamas and done getting sand out of your shoes, share your Bahamas experience with us through the OneTravel review section. Your reviews can help us make our service better.