An international airport located near the Woolsington area of Newcastle upon Tyne in England, Newcastle International Airport is a public airport operated by Newcastle International Airport Ltd. The airport serves Tyne and Wear, County Durham, Cumbria, North Yorkshire, and Northumberland. There is one terminal in the airport and there is one runway as well. The airport offers direct flights to 74 destinations including Cork, Dublin, Aberdeen, Alicante, Copenhagen, London, and more. The scheduled airlines are Aer Lingus Regional, bmi regional, Air France, Air Malta, CityWing, Eastern Airways, British Airways, Emirates, easyJet, Germanwings, Flybe, KLM, Ryanair, Jet2.com, Thomson, Thomas Cook, United Airlines, Vueling, SAS, and Wideroe.
- The airport offers special assistance to disabled or persons with reduced mobility in an assortment of ways both inside and outside the terminal building. Passengers have to communicate their arrival at the airport and raise request for the assistance to the airport staff.
- The airport offers assistance to the passengers with autism. There is requirement of filling an assistance form that can be downloaded online from the website of the airport.
- Wi-Fi is available all through the terminal building, giving the passengers access to all the information while on the move. This free service lasts 45 minutes and can be accessed by connecting to the network_NCLAirportWiFi.
- There are three eating areas namely Aerospa, JD, and WHSmith. Passengers can enjoy options of food and drinks here.
- Passengers can exchange currency at the airport. Passengers who don't want to take at the time of arrival can order Travelex Cash Passport. One has to order for the card online on airport's website and can collect it from airport. This card allows passengers to keep money in the card and can withdraw money from ATMs anywhere in country.
- Several ATMs are located in the airport. One can withdraw both British Pounds and Euros from these ATMs.
- There is a prayer room in the airport that remains open round the clock.
- There are lots of games offered inside the airport. Some of these games are arcade games, air hockey tables, and more.
- There are three lounges namely Aspire and Aspire Plus Lounges and British Airways Lounges.
- There are three shopping stores namely Accessorize, Dixons Travel, and Traveller. Passengers can buy several items in these stores.
- There are in total 6 parking systems in the airport- Long Stay Parking, Medium Stay Parking, Short Stay Parking, Fast Track Parking, and Express car Parking.
- Long Stay Parking is for the cars that are to be parked for long period. The booking has to be made in prior by contacting airport.
- The Medium Stay car park is located a short walk from the terminal building. This service has a free parking period of 15 minutes for passengers wanting to drop off or pick up travelers.
- The Short Stay parking is situated outside the entrance to the airport and offers convenient and secure car parking from a few hours to several days. Free cycle parking is also available opposite International Arrivals in the Short Stay Parking area.
- Fast Track Parking allows the passengers to park immediately outside the terminal, just a minute's walk from the check-in desks. This parking is offered to travelers on prior request on different charges.
- The Express car park is located just outside the terminal at the airport and offers the most convenient and trouble-free facility for picking up or dropping off tourists.
Means of transportation
The airport is located at a distance of 6 miles northwest of Newcastle city centre.
There is a metro station located at Newcastle International Airport and the journey to Newcastle city centre takes about 25 minutes. There are trains every 12 minutes from around 5.44am to 11.58pm.
The airport taxis are also available outside the airport gate. One can make the payment by cash, cheque, or credit card.
Professional Chauffeur Services offers chauffeur at Newcastle Airport. It has a fleet of executive and first class vehicles.
One can also take a bus as the bus stop is located opposite to the airport terminal.