Kempegowda International Airport is an international airport serving Bangalore, the capital of the Indian state of Karnataka. It is located about 25 miles north of the city. The Kempegowda International Airport is a hub for AirAsia India, Air India Regional, Jet Airways and IndiGo, and is a focus city for SpiceJet. Cheap Kempegowda International Airport flights fly to number of domestic destinations including Delhi, Goa, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Chennai, Nagpur, Patna, Port Blair to name a few destinations. Kempegowda International Airport flights also fly to number of international destinations like Paris, London, Frankfurt, Singapore, Bangkok, and more destinations. The airlines that operate Kempegowda International Airport flights include Air India, British Airways, Etihad, Emirates Airways, Qatar Airways, and Lufthansa among others.
The Kempegowda International Airport offers you a host of passenger faculties that make your journey more enjoyable and memorable.
- • Passengers are offered free Wi-Fi services at the airport. All you need to do is to open your phone browser and type-in any URL. This would take you to Tata DoCoMo website wherein you would be required to fill in your personal details in return to get an OTP. This OTP would be your key to enjoy free Wi-Fi for next 45 minutes.
- Passengers can relax in luxurious lounges in the airport. There are three lounges here: VIP Lounge, Plaza Platinum Lounge and Above Ground Level.
- VIP Lounge is open 24/7 and can seat 20 passengers at a time. It offers free Wi-Fi and TVs and Flight Information Display.
- Plaza Platinum Lounge offers flavorsome delicacies at interactive food counters and refreshing beverages at a classic bar. Also of note are superb seating arrangements, a business centre, high-speed Wi-Fi, a shower facility and a spa and massage parlor..
- Above Ground Lounge offers a wide range of premium facilities including Breakfast or Lunch and Dinner buffet serving Continental/Asian/Indian dishes. It also has a bar where you can enjoy a number of refreshing drinks apart from tea and coffee. Also of note are free high speed Wi-Fi, recharging points for laptops and mobiles at every seating point, large screen TV, a 24x7 coffee shop, and printer, copier and fax facility.
The airport’s car parking space is located at ground level and can hold 2000 vehicles at a time. One may also avail taxi and rental cars from here in addition to ride-sharing options from Ola and Uber. All pick-up zones are situated outside the terminal.
Being a premier airport of Bengaluru, the Kempagowda International Airport is well connected through a superb network of roads and rails.
You can reach the airport via National Highway 44 (NH 44) through a six-lane flyover that runs between Hebbal and the airport. Two alternative routes are under construction. .
The Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation (BMTC) provides bus transportation to all major parts of the city through the Vayu Vajra (‘Diamond in the Air’) service that is operated using a fleet of Volvo B7RLE buses. The Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC) operates a nonstop bus service between Kempegowda Airport and Mysore as well as a route to Manipal via Mangalore.