Serving Valencia in Venezuela, Arturo Michelena International Airport is the fourth largest airport in the country. The airport is located in the Valencia Industrial Zone at two-hour drive from Caracass. It is considered as one of the most important manufacturing complexes in Latin America. A large amount of air cargo that moves in the country corresponds to this airport. The passenger flights that are offered by the airport are of airlines such as Aeropostal, Aruba Airlines, Aserca Airlines, Avior Airlines, Copa Airlines, Insel Air, Insel Air Aruba, and Laser Airlines. These flights are operated to a plethora of destinations such as Porlamar, Aruba, Panama City, Bogota, and more. The airline companies offering cargo flights from the airport are ABSA Cargo Airline, ABX Air, Atlas Air, Avianca Cargo, Cielos del Peru, Conviexpress, DHL Aviation, FedEx, Kalitta Air, KF Cargo, LAN Cargo, Southern Air, Solar Cargo, and Vensecar Internacional.
- The airport boasts ATMs, currency exchange, and public telephones inside the premises of airport building.
- Within the airport building, travelers can enjoy free Wi-Fi.
- Airport has a restaurant, ice-cream parlor, cafeteria, and vending machines.
- In the shops located inside the airport premises, travelers can shop souvenirs, candy, books, magazines, and apparel.
- In case of medical emergency, one has to inform the airport staff to avail the first-aid and medical amenities.
- Passengers who need special assistance related to any facility for disabled have to coordinate with airline or airport staff beforehand.
There is a fenced outdoor parking located in front of the terminal building.
Means of transportation
Taxis are available outside the airport. The taxi ride takes around 15 minutes to reach the city center. One can also rent a car as companies such as Amigo, Budget, Europcar, Hertz, and Unirent, have their counters inside the premises of the airport.