Founded on June 17, 1927, Air Serbia is the flag carrier and largest airline of Serbia, headquarter in Belgrade, Serbia. The airline was earlier called Jat Airways, until it was renamed in 2013. The airline commenced operations under its new name on 26 October 2013. Air Serbia has its hub at Belgrade Nikola Tesla Airport, and its subsidiaries include Air Serbia Technical, Air Serbia Ground Services, and Aviole. Air Serbia’s fleet includes 10 narrow-bodied and six turboprop aircraft.
The airline currently serves 39 Euro-Mediterranean destinations directly from its hub at Belgrade Nikola Tesla Airport, and also serves additional 92 international destinations in the USA, Europe, Asia, and Australia through its equity partner Etihad Airways, and code share partners. In October 2014, Air Serbia became the member of Etihad Airways Partners. Airlines currently in this partnership include - Etihad Airways, Alitalia, Jet Airways, airberlin, Niki, Air Serbia, Air Seychelles, and Etihad Regional.
From June 2016, Air Serbia is starting direct services between Belgrade and New York, offering five flights per week on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.
Classes of Service
Air Serbia delivers exceptional services to its passengers so that they reach their destination in utmost comfort. The passengers on both Business and Economy Class are served high-quality Serbian cuisine prepared from the local produce, along with range of beverages.
Air Serbia Etihad Guest
Air Serbia Etihad Guest is the loyalty program for Air Serbia and few other airlines.
- The loyalty program allows travelers to spend their miles for Air Serbia flights or choose from one of Air Serbia’s partners.
- Passengers can get upgraded to a higher cabin.
- Reward Shop - With reward shop, travelers can browse over 6000 products from global brands.
- Points Pay Convert - Allows passengers to convert their Etihad Guest Miles to cash and spend at number of outlets worldwide.
- Family Membership - Passengers can enroll upto 8 family members and collect 100% of their miles on a single account.
Air Serbia Premium Lounge, Nikola Tesla Airport
Air Serbia’s flagship Premium Lounge offers travelers an opportunity to unwind in style while waiting at Belgrade or transiting through it. The Premium Lounge facility is available to Business Class passengers and to Platinum, Gold, and Silver members of Etihad Guest program when flying on Air Serbia or Etihad Airways operated flights