Aeroflot, the flagship carrier of Russia, is one of the largest airline groups in Europe. The airline is based in Moscow, at Sheremetyevo International Airport. It is a member of SkyTeam Global Airline Alliance and along with its partners serves 1062 destinations in 177 countries around the world. Having a fleet of 366 aircraft, the airline boasts one of the youngest fleets in the world. One of the global leaders in aviation safety, Aeroflot is the first Russian carrier to enter the IATA Operational Safety Audit (IOSA) register. The airline provides excellent connections from New York, Miami, Los Angeles, and Washington to all major points in Europe, Middle East, and Asia.
In 2016 Aeroflot became the first Russian airline to be awarded Four Star Airline status by Skytrax in recognition of the high-quality of its customer service and has held that status ever since. Numerous other rewards followed.
- Five-Star rating, Global Airline, by American aviation association APEX (US-based counterpart to the European Skytrax) held since 2017.
- Best Seat Comfort in Europe (by APEX, Passenger Choice Awards), 2019
- Best Airline in Eastern Europe (by Skytrax World airline Award), 2019 - won for the eighth time and held for seven consecutive years.
- Best Major Airline in Europe (by TripAdvisor)
- Favorite International Airline in China (Flyer Award Ceremony), 2017, 2018, 2019
- Five-Star rating for punctuality (maximum rating by OAG)
It was also named the most powerful brand in Russia and the world’s strongest airline brand by leading valuation and strategy consultancy, Brand Finance.