This blog post was updated on July 12, 2021.
The Philippines’ capital city was dubbed “The Paris of the East” for a reason. From its stunning sunsets to its rich cultural history, Manila is an obvious travel choice. We’ve gathered five photos that’ll make you want to walk out of your grey and white cubicle and never look back.
1. The unforgettably stunning sunsets. Caution: Googling ‘Manila sunsets’ is a dangerous thing to do, especially if you’re planning on being productive within the next five hours.
2. The San Augustin Cathedral. The definition of breathtaking, this Roman Catholic cathedral was dubbed a National Historical Landmark in 1976.
3. The Manila Ocean Park. This hotel-restaurant-spa-aquarium experience proves that wetter is better. You may not actually sprout a mermaid tail, but you’ll come pretty darn close. Click here for park information.
4. The Aliwan Fiesta. Throngs of gifted dancers, musicians, and artisans converge to celebrate Manila’s vibrant culture with lively colors and blinding smiles. Click here for a full festival schedule.
5. Rizal Park’s fountain show. Manila’s sprawling Rizal Park is a favorite leisure spot for locals and tourists alike. Plus, its daily fountain show (8 to 10 a.m. and 6 to 8 p.m.) is a sight to behold –and it’s free. Who could argue with that?
Leave a Comment