You did it. You saw that unpassable deal on flights from Philadelphia to Orlando (or wherever you’re flying from), took the plunge and booked. You’re going to Orlando! Now comes the hard part: planning.
Orlando may be famous for its theme parks, but there’s a lot more to do in this vibrant city. If you like nature and wildlife, there are plenty of places that will pique your interest. If you like to soak in the arts and culture, then Orlando has the museums and historical sites you’ll love. If you’d prefer to soak up the sun, then its amazing beaches are waiting just for. Oh, did we mention all the great culinary variety and the unbelievable nightlife?
You might not have time to indulge in everything Orlando has to offer over a weekend, but here’s an itinerary that might help you to have an unforgettable 48 hours.
- Make sure you start the day right with breakfast at Se7en Bites. You’ll find all kinds of treats, both savory and sweet at this bake shop. Try their sausage sandwiches on homemade biscuits and variety of quiches, or spoil your sweet tooth with moon pies, shortbread, and an assortment of bar cookies.
#myorlandodish Local Days Orange Honey Velvet Cake layered with Honey Pastry cream & Orange Honey Syrup, finished with an Orange Blossom Buttercream and salted roasted pistachios #southern #se7enbitesorlando #honey #orlando #visitorlando #buzzbuzz #localhoney #orlandodoesntsuck #foodnetwork #ChefTrinaGregoryPropst
- Amble along to Downtown Disney, a fun area with occasional free activities throughout the marketplace. You can also stroll the 1930s- style coastal village boardwalk and take in performances by local street artists, musicians, and magicians.
- If you want to get a quirky fix, make sure you head to WonderWorks Orlando. The building looks like it’s sitting on its roof and is full of strange rooms filled with hands-on exhibits that are fun for kids and adults alike.
- Be sure you grab lunch at JJ’s Grille, a restaurant that blends Mediterranean and Mexican in a healthy fusion setting. Meals here are infinitely customizable: choose a base such as a tortilla, salad bowl or the house special tabouli.
- After lunch, make sure you get your fill of art at the Orlando Museum of Art. You can experience special exhibits and see work by some of the region’s most exciting artists.
- As evening draws near, make your way to Taverna Opa, a boisterous Greek restaurant where the ouzo flows freely and dancing on tables is encouraged. Order their delicious small plates to share, and enjoy the belly dancing every night.
It’s cold out there. Heat things up with saganaki! #OPA . . . . . # # #saganaki #flamingcheese #cheese #greekfood #greekfeast #greekeats #orlando #saturdaynightshenanigans #itslit #slomo #orlandorestaurants #orlandoeats #visitorlando #orlandoattractions #orlandoattraction #pointeorlando #idrive #wdw #orlandodoesntsuck #disneysprings #opaorlando #tavernaopa #tavernaopaorlando
- Close your night at one of Orlando’s famous dive bars, Sloppy Taco Palace. Enjoy cheap drinks, crispy fried tacos and, on several nights a week, rocking local music.
- Start your day with a hot air balloon ride over Orlando at sunrise. You can check out the services offered by Orlando Balloon Rides. The view is spectacular, so there’ll be tons of Instagram snaps for the taking.
- Once you land on solid ground, treat yourself to a chilled out breakfast at Fresh Mediterranean Market before setting off for the day.
- Since you had an early start to the day, you can start the afternoon at The Magic Kingdom. Since you’ll only be spending the afternoon and evening there, invest in a FastPass so you don’t waste time waiting in line. Akershus Royal Banquet Hall offers a lunch buffet that is second to none and once you’re done eating you’ll want to check out as many amazing attractions as possible.
- The Magic Kingdom is open until midnight so feel free to stay late into the evening. Have dinner at the unique AMC Disney Springs 24 Dine-In Theatres, enjoying Orlando’s best seafood and other great treats.
- When you’re done, hop over to Epcot World Showcase – with technological innovations and a wide variety of global cuisine, from Mexico to Morocco, there’s really no other attraction quite like it.
- Kick back and spend the rest of your evening at Tin Roof. You can enjoy great food, cheap drinks, live music, and over 20 TVs so you can pick what you want to watch while you relax on your own or chat with friends and family.
And there you have it – 48 hours in Orlando!