Our idea of heaven happens to look remarkably like the Sloth Sanctuary of Costa Rica, whose mission is to rescue and rehabilitate nature’s most chill creatures. It’s also the place Lunita, an impossibly cute orphaned baby sloth, calls home.
Just don’t tell Kristen Bell about her.
Can’t get enough? Here are five LiveScience facts about these too-adorable-to-handle little guys:
- Native to Central and South America, sloths curl up at the forks of tropical trees for naptime.
- The sloths of today can get cozy in our arms, but their ancestors could grow to the size of an elephant.
- Female sloths give birth in trees and the young'un lives off mama for as long as four years.
- It can take up to a month for a sloth to fully digest one leafy meal. Yum?
- You thought turtles were bad? Sloths are such slow movers that algae grows on their fur.
Photos: Summer Anne Burton, BuzzFeed