This blog post was updated on October 22, 2018.
The Cake & Bake Show – Britain’s biggest baking show, returns to London next month for a three day weekend filled with celebrity demos, live bake offs, skills classes, competitions and lots of opportunities to sample breads, cakes and other treats along with the chance to check out the latest and greatest baking and sugarcraft supplies. Who’s the 2013 Cake & Bake Show for? Pretty much anybody from the casual home nibbler to the fanciful pastry chef pro.
From the Cake & Bake site:
- Home bakers and avid cake makers can see celebrity bakers live in action, sample tasty treats, shop for all the best kit, and learn new skills in the classrooms;
- Fooies and cake connoisseurs will love The Marketplace where artisan bakers, chocolatiers and cake makers will display their wares in a riot of flour, sugar and sweetness:
- Baking experts and professionals can network and learn, check out the competition, discover the latest trends and try out and buy all the newest product launches from the industry;
- Families and children will be entertained and inspired by fun demos, live bake offs and lots of great interactive features.
Star speakers scheduled to appear at the show include the following:
- French pastry chef and “cake boy” Eric Lanlard
- Beehived baking sensation, Stacie Stewart;
- British TV’s Fabulous Baker Brothers, Tom and Henry Herbert;
- Television chef, Simon Rimmer;
- Cookery school teacher and reality TV star, Rosemary Shrager;
- The Guardian’s award-winning baker, Dan Lepard;
- 2012 winner of The Great British Bake Off, John Whaite;
- Mich Turner, of the Little Venice Cake Company;
- Peter Sidwell, judge on Britain’s Best Bakery;
- and many more!
And if previous Cake & Bake Shows are any indication of what to expect this year, they visitors should expect plenty of piping hot fun and most likely a complete sell out. Getting your tickets in advance is advised.
The 2013 London Cake & Bake Show runs September 13 to 15 at the Earl’s Court Exhibition Centre. The closest London Underground station is Earl’s Court. For more information about the show and to purchase advanced tickets, visit their website.
Don’t forget to ‘LIKE‘ us on Facebook!